The past few years I have struggled with my weight. I was always slim and trim all my life until my late 20's when I started packing on the pounds.
It all began when I met Sam, my husband now. When we started dating he wined and dined me at the greatest restaurants. I put on some weight, not a lot but when we got engaged, I was all about fitness and weight loss for the big day! I lost the weight and looked fabulous on our wedding day.
Then, after a year of marriage we started to try and have a family and nothing worked, even fertility treatments. By then, with the depression and all the fertility medications I had put on 30 pounds. I told myself, "this is enough", I've got to do something. I went to Dr Stein and ended up losing nearly 44 pounds!!! I looked fantastic!
Another great surprise came with that weight loss, a successful surprise pregnancy! Our dreams had come true. Only bad thing was that I gained a whopping 67 pounds during my pregnancy with Makenna. Two weeks after having her I was in the ER with Appendicitis. Then two weeks following that ( had my Gallbladder removed). I dropped a good bit of weight following that. I went back to Dr Stein and lost another 18 pounds and ended up pregnant with surprise pregnancy number 2!!!
I gained 52 pounds during my second pregnancy with Emily. I was on bed rest for nearly 3 months when I was pregnant with her.
I lost about 30 pound after delivering her. I've been breastfeeding Emily since birth and tried dieting and the scale wouldn't move.
It took until Emily was nearly a year old as I sit on my couch crying because I'm so disgusted an ashamed of how I look. Sobbing is more like it. Issuer that moment I knew I had to change my lifestyle and do whatever it takes to finish losing this weight and be the ole fit and slim Stacey I once was! Finally that is where my journey begins........
No comments:
Post a Comment